• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

Blyxa auberti

Started by Ron Sower, February 28, 2017, 10:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

So last night as I checked out the tank at the foot of my bed before nighty-night time I noticed this....
The Blyxa auberti was sent to me last week by Erik Olson of the Seattle club. What a neat surprise as I've never had this plant before!
I left them floating because I'd planted a few and had no more room. One of the planted ones has started sending a flower stalk up too. I'll see if it goes to the surface...over 20" away.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...nice plant...and multiple flowering make it even nicer.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Here's the tank as it sits now. It'll take 4-6 weeks for the grow-in to look good.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wallace

Its off to a very nice start.  |^|
Dan

Ron Sower

Quote from: wallace on February 28, 2017, 12:01:31 PM
Its off to a very nice start.  |^|

Thanks...but it looks so bare to me!  I've had such mature tanks for so long. It's like starting all over..!!! ;D ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron