• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 04:59:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 163
Total: 164

Orange peel for Discus

Started by waterboy, February 24, 2017, 03:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterboy

Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on February 24, 2017, 03:35:03 PM
Thought this was interesting, but I don't keep Discus.

http://www.reef2rainforest.com/2016/04/19/introducing-orange-peel-discus/

...Josie sells those all the time....Liz should recognize what it's called......'
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I have no idea what it is.  I have no clue what Josie sells other than good Discus.  It's sounds dodgy to me, but I'm the one who swears by Rooibos tea. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 24, 2017, 04:24:33 PM
I have no idea what it is.  I have no clue what Josie sells other than good Discus.  It's sounds dodgy to me, but I'm the one who swears by Rooibos tea.

I know Josie had those at the last swap....but hers were albino, I think.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Wait. are we talking about a strain called orange peel or using orange peel for internal parasites?  if it's the first it's just another silly Discus name.  If it is the second, I'll pass.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

yup just another discus breeder name...

Royal Red...

..she also had tangerines?...

Jon

wallace

Toss an orange peel in the tank, its supposed to make the fish eat. Call me a skeptic, but it is another organic acid like peat, Rooibos... they've been talking about on Simply.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?127932-Discus-not-eating-Orange-Peel-as-an-Appetite-Stimulant
Dan

waterboy

The article I posted is about adding orange peel as a feeding stimulant.  Someone that puts tea in the tank should be receptive to adding orange peel if they ever stop eating for some reason.  But I guess it is mostly for getting imported ones to start eating after they are unpacked.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

I wonder if it works on other species too?
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on February 25, 2017, 01:10:52 PM
I wonder if it works on other species too?

I imagine so.  That's sort of the thinking behind the Fruut Luups gel food.  Lots of Amazon fish feast on the fruit that drops into the water and the bugs that come with it.

http://www.reef2rainforest.com/2016/04/01/1328410/

Dennis