• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 08:29:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 116
Total: 116

Wednesday's Coffee

Started by Mugwump, February 22, 2017, 05:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...what great coffee this morn'n......dang good...MMmmmmm..... |^|

..a real dense fog at around 50deg's....it should burn off as it heads for a high around 70 deg's......rain moving in the next few days as the temps begin to drop....snow?....I think will miss us...?

...lots of putz'n for us today....and we still have to find a nice 'grown up' collar for Sassy.....she's getting that GSD chest and neck....a strong gal she is....yeppers..

now?...more coffee, of course ;)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Morning Jon.  Another fine day in the neighborhood.  Currently 55?F going up to the mid 60's later.

Lazy day here.  More coffee and I'll come up with an action plan LOL

Dennis

wsantia1

The coffee is great over here. The weather will be much better with temps going up into the 60s. Well rested today but I have to get this place in shape again. Didn't do anything I was supposed to do yesterday so I will tackle it today. Nowe for more coffee.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Morning Willie.  I don't envie you the moving ritual.....  what a pain.

Dennis

BallAquatics

Off to a roaring start here...  the trash man has come and gone, another load of junk from Pop's garage gone.

I've got the very best trash man.  Back when I was still on the town council, we put out for bid trash collection in the village.  The idea being, 1) we could get a better price being a group, and 2) we wanted to cut down on the road wear & tear by having the collection trucks running through the village just once a week instead of having a dozen different companies running trucks daily.

At any rate, we got a "bag" rate because we have lots of older folks who don't generate a bunch of trash.  It's a pay-as-you-go thing where you buy the trash bags instead of paying a quarterly collection fee.  We went with the "bag" rate and cut our cost from $65 a quarter to $15.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on February 22, 2017, 07:05:29 AM
Off to a roaring start here...  the trash man has come and gone, another load of junk from Pop's garage gone.

I've got the very best trash man.  Back when I was still on the town council, we put out for bid trash collection in the village.  The idea being, 1) we could get a better price being a group, and 2) we wanted to cut down on the road wear & tear by having the collection trucks running through the village just once a week instead of having a dozen different companies running trucks daily.

At any rate, we got a "bag" rate because we have lots of older folks who don't generate a bunch of trash.  It's a pay-as-you-go thing where you buy the trash bags instead of paying a quarterly collection fee.  We went with the "bag" rate and cut our cost from $65 a quarter to $15.

Dennis

I can remember as a kid, we burned all our trash.....burned all our leaves every fall too.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: BallAquatics on February 22, 2017, 06:53:45 AM

Dennis

Yes Dennis. It's a real pain. The moving part won't be that hard. Selling this house is. I am basically letting it go at cost so I will absorb the realtor's fees etc. can't go any lower on my price though. If I go down a couple of more K, I will be taking my appliances. huh
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 22, 2017, 08:27:57 AM

Dennis

Yes Dennis. It's a real pain. The moving part won't be that hard. Selling this house is. I am basically letting it go at cost so I will absorb the realtor's fees etc. can't go any lower on my price though. If I go down a couple of more K, I will be taking my appliances. huh

...can you lease it out, if you should want to...??....make it an investment property...?
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 22, 2017, 08:36:43 AM

Dennis

...can you lease it out, if you should want to...??....make it an investment property...?

You're right. That option is on my list but at the bottom. I have seen the damage that people have done to other's property and I have no appetite for that. I may have no choice though. At least it's allowable in this community. huh
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 22, 2017, 08:47:36 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on February 22, 2017, 08:36:43 AM

Dennis

You're right. That option is on my list but at the bottom. I have seen the damage that people have done to other's property and I have no appetite for that. I may have no choice though. At least it's allowable in this community. huh

.....if it's an over 50 community, it shouldn't be to bad I would think....?....older folks tend to be gentler on the property....
Jon

Ron Sower

...good day guys... getting a very late start on here cause we got going today with the preparating for the Chicken Pooping Bingo games...They went well...Of course it was hot and the chicken costume Lucy got me was a sweatshirt  wfwf... we brought in about $315 and paid out $120...pretty good for 2 hours of fun... |^| and drinks  mim 

...Willie, if you lease it out, I've seen that usually the older people have more respect for your property, especially if you make sure that things are kept up for them...I would recommend that you have a property management company handle it for you...it's worth the cost if you research and find a reputable one...they can give you a good idea of what your market is like and advise you on what to rent it for...they handle the midnight calls about leaking toilets...they collect the rent and keep the escrow account... just my 2c2
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron