• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

Plants Only

Started by wallace, February 20, 2017, 06:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallace

Pulled all the plants that I liked out of a dirted tank. God it stunk but the fish in there were healthy enough. I put them in a 29g tank with a sponge filter and some fertilizers. Nitrate at 40 ppm and feeding ammonia too. The forks are holding them down.

After a month they should be clean, then I will pot them in other tanks.
Dan

Mugwump

..Nice Plants !!!...and great pic too !! |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wallace

This new smart phone has a nice camera, it seems to have a faster lens than the fancy Nikon.
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on February 20, 2017, 07:26:42 PM
This new smart phone has a nice camera, it seems to have a faster lens than the fancy Nikon.

Yes they do...my Samsung takes great pics too...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wallace

Three or four weeks ago I put a small cluster of duckweed in the tank. The stuff grows like a scourge. Gouramis would like this I think.
Dan

BallAquatics

If you want rid of it, get yourself a .10 cent goldfish.  They eat the stuff like it's going out of style.   |^|

Dennis

Ron Sower

I used to net quarts of it off the surfaces of my tanks and take it to a club member who kept goldfish...he was always appreciative...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Or if you'd like a pair of Dots I can send them when I ship the Discus.  They love it for building their bubble nests in.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 17, 2017, 03:23:50 PM
Or if you'd like a pair of Dots I can send them when I ship the Discus.  They love it for building their bubble nests in.

I had some pearl gouramis when I was a kid. A pair would be great... I can't seem to breed anything else lately, maybe they will do something.

Its easy to pull the duckweed out and just toss it when it gets overgrown. The only problem is it gets all over your arms but that doesn't bother me.

...Liz, Dottie, who I think you know, was asking on Simply about keeping them with discus and I said check with you. She wanted to know how compatible they are.
Dan

LizStreithorst

If I don't find her post tell her for me that they are perfect companions for Discus I have found.
Always move forward. Never look back.