• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 08:23:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 207
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 167
Total: 167

40 sponges

Started by LizStreithorst, January 29, 2017, 09:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I decided to do my least favorite thing today.  I hate it because I have to haul water in buckets.  There is no way to automate it.  It must be done by hand.  I can't believe that I have 40 large mostly Angels Plus style sponges.  I squeezed out all 40 of the suckers today.  I don't know how many times I had to fill that damn 3 1/2 gallon bucket and add declorinator and haul it around the fish room and tote it back to the sink to empty it. 

Despite the fact that I hate it, having done it makes me feel good.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

What I've been doing lately is pulling one sponge every day or two and taking to the sink while the tank is draining. I don't have 40 though. The Rams are getting small, sloppy food so their sponges need it more often.
Dan

LizStreithorst

I can't just take mine to the sink because my water has chlorine.  Some of my tanks have 1 sponge, some have two, some have 3.  I loose my place when I just do a few at a time.  I've tried.  Of course I am kinda compulsive about the sponges in fry tanks, even more so when they're getting bbs.

Ron Sower

...Liz...why don't you take a piece of masking tape and put it on the last one you pulled the sponges from to keep you place?  just move it each time?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Something like that would be the sensible thing to do.  I guess I just like saving it all up for one big sponge squeezing party.  I get into it ::) and when I get done I have a feeling of satisfaction huh

Ron Sower

...I truly understand that feelin... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron