• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:35:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 123
Total: 124

Like a sweet love affair past

Started by LizStreithorst, January 29, 2017, 08:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I remember having such expectation of becoming respected hobbyist breeder.  I remember working through all the hard times with hope in my heart.  It's hard to believe that I've put Discus behind me to the point where I wish I didn't have these offspring that I'm raising because they're already taking up 150 gallons of tank space and aren't about to stop growing.

They are all nice fish, because I've culled as I've gone along.  I'm not going to do the Aquabid thing.  It's a PAIN and the shipping is stressful as hell.  I guess I'll have to talk to the wholesaler.  If he deals in Discus at all I bet he won't want them until they're 3".

My life used to revolve around Discus.  I took all my money and threw it at them happily.  I look back now at the pics I took of the parents feeding their kids from their own bodies and remember how excited I once was and how wonderful it was to be so in love with Discus. 

Oh well, life goes on.  It has it's own ups and down.  I'm just here for the ride.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

Those fish you got from Ryan were pretty amazing. If I wasn't saving my pennies for some wilds right now I'd love to have some offspring from them.
Dan

GeorgeG

I did the same Liz for years but now I have one tank of wilds for my own enjoyment. If they ever spawn I will be OK with it but not working towards it.