• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 09:53:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 108
Total: 108

Build an Ark, Noah......

Started by Mugwump, April 10, 2013, 07:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

Older dogs can become noise sensitive as they age.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

shatanka

I am wondering if the electrical charge produced by storms has anything to do with it?  But, it's the noise that freaked mine out. He'd start crawling up your behind the second he heard a clap of thunder miles away even. Maybe it's both?
I see those snuggy type jacket things now for dogs afraid of thunder. I can't for the life of me see how that works though. I would hold mine to comfort him and he'd be wiggling and crawling and clawing...that secure pressure that these jacket things seem to claim is what calms them, would NOT work on this dog!
I'm crackin' up about your Mastiff trying to crawl inside the dryer and not fitting, Liz! OMG lol I am just picturing that whole thing! lol  I am seeing pooh bear getting stuck in the honey tree..butt sticking out...is that what he looked like? lol  Loved your choice of words with "An insignificant other other of mine"!!!!  HA HA HA. You so funny woman!

PaulineMi

I think dogs are sensitive to barometric changes.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Frank The Plumber

I think it was Cloud the story of a wild Mustang that had in it that a lot of wild horses get hit by lightning. I know pigs and cows get nailed, I saw a hog take a direct hit in a thunderstorm. One of the freakiest things I ever saw in my life was that big pig just standing there after it got lit up. For about 5 minutes it stood there tense and then it just fell over legs out stretched stiff. Like a toy pig in a farm toy set. Yikes. My little brother was there and after it fell over he says real loud....BACON.

You can use those thunder jackets that the cow chutes designer lady sells, those work real good.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

PaulineMi

My dog has a Thundershirt.  He loves it but he still runs around like a maniac barking at the storm. Lol.