• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 01:59:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 196
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 184
Total: 184

Build an Ark, Noah......

Started by Mugwump, April 10, 2013, 07:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Wind, Rain, Sleet, gale force winds, Lightning, thunder.....yada yada....wow, it's pouring out there...Look out Pauline....it's headed your way... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Now would be a good time to collect rain water. At least it's not snow yet.
Scott

PaulineMi

I hear ya Jon. We've had a few inches of rain, lightening and thunder,high winds and flood warnings. Our lake is up from where it was just two days ago! And they're predicting "snow showers" for tomorrow.

To add to the craziness my dog is convinced if he runs around like a maniac barking at a storm he's able to chase it away.  :o.  And they're predicting three days of this weather.

Edit:  it's now pouring rain.

Another Edit:  Weatherman just said we may get 4" of rain now.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

When it thunders, our Aussie, Heidi, goes to the guest room, and hides just her head under the bed....she's nuts, but it scares her...one time a loud clap of thunder/lightning hit close and she jumped in my lap...........hard.....scared me too....LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

shatanka

I had a goofy golden retriever that would get so scared from the "thunder monsters" in EVERY STORM, that he destroyed things. Last shot...he went through the back door (with teeth and nails I guess, i dunno, but somehow he tore a huge hole through the door) ! I am thinking..ok, why the heck would dig a hole in my door to GO OUT into the storm where it was thundering right out to where HIS FEAR is coming from? LOL  NOT A SMART DOG! lol  And when he got out, HE TORE UP MY WELL PUMP AND PLUMBING AND OMG...I had to call a plumber out to fix that! grrr  WE HAD NO WATER!  Needless to say, I had to find him a new home. I told the people that bought him about this "idiosyncrasy" ( idioticness is more correct in this case). But, they loved him and bought him anyway. He was a beautiful boy...I did love him so much, but that destruction...was the last straw.  Cost me over $200 for the plumber to fix the well and tank and pipes, and $300+ for a new door.
I guess you all should be glad your just jump into your laps and scare you, or hide their heads under beds, or try to bark the storms away! HA HA!!  I think that is hilarious!

BillT

My dog is inclined to bite fireworks.
Fortunately we have been able to restrain him from the larger ones.

Frank The Plumber

I had told quite a few people that April and May of this year would be monsoon rains, check your pumps, replace them if they are over 6 years old. They looked at me like I was a criminal trying to con them. 42 calls so far today at 11:30. All with water in the basement, each swearing at me when I tell them I am backed up 4 days solid now changing sump pumps. I hate this weather, everyone I deal with on a day like this is all PO'd. BTW we are in for 3 more inches this week and we will get far above average rainfall all through until June. God evens things out that way. Change your sump pumps if they are more than 6 years old and if you have battery backups change the batteries at 5 years old. AND DO NOT GO WALKING INTO THE WATER IN A FLOODED BASEMENT!! You'll get tagged and pass out and drown in 3 inches of water face first. Not a nice way to go.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

I pulled the old pump last fall, and put in a new one.....it's not hard, but can be cramped dependent upon where it's located....I don't envy you, Frank....I seen some 'beaut sump locations....what in the hell were those builders thinking....or even finished basements that were done with no regard for how to get to sump, elec panel, etc....cripes...
Jon

sschind

RIIIIIIIIIGHT...Whats a cubit?
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Frank The Plumber

A little square sort of a car that Nissan makes?
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

LizStreithorst

I had a Mastiff that tried to get into the clothes dryer to hide.  Guess what?  He didn't fit.  Later, he got into the bathtub and later still tried to get out through the bathroom window.

An insignificant other other of mine said that his step father told him that somehow dogs attract lightning.  Doesn't sound logical, but I wonder...It's my large dogs that are most afraid.  The only small dog I have that panics is a Rat Terrier who was thrown away by it's owners and had to live a vacant lot exposed to everything.
Always move forward. Never look back.

greydragon

atleast with all the storms your fish must be spawning real well now    lol

Frank The Plumber

Dogs attract lightning......snicker. What kind of collar was he using?

LizStreithorst

I know that it sounds unlikely, Frank, but other animals aren't afraid of electrical storms.  My Dairy Goats never went crazy.  My horses don't go crazy.  Cattle don't go crazy.  Just dogs.  Large dogs in particular.  I ain't sayin' it's a fact, but I'm not about to write it off. 

Think about it and give me an explanation why even inside dogs go nutso. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Abby, our GSD, doesn't mind storms, but doesn't care for very high howling winds...Heidi was never afraid of anything until about a year ago....I think a big clap woke her up or something???..who knows?,,she's nuts anyway....LOL
Jon