• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 07:17:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 151
Total: 152

one step closer

Started by b125killer, April 07, 2013, 10:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

It's been a productive day today. I go the fish room painted. Now I need to set up the air system and I'll be ready to start moving tanks around once more. I also got a email from PlecoPete about the male L201 pleco. He's going to bring them to the swap next week. That makes me happy.  He was hard to get a hold of. I started emailed him 2 weeks ago. He's probably sick of me. And it's been harder to track down the pleco. 
Scott

Mugwump

Pleco Pete is an alright guy, he'll take care of ya.... ;D..the room's looking good... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

shatanka

How fun! I see the lounge chair in there just waiting for you to chill and enjoy your new fish room when complete! Envious that you are getting more L201's! Will this complete your "harem" so you can start having them produce fry for you now? Well, when they start having babies, at least I know who to look up! lol  Good luck with your fish room and L201 endeavors!

ilroost

good start, i bet it will be nice when you're done

Mugwump

I hope that you've got a plan to supply 'tunes' to that room???...gotsa have some tunes,bro... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Thanks every one. Yes shatanks that will complete the harem. I just hope he will do his part. He's going to be a little bigger than the females. I might need to wait for the girls to catch up to him. But I have been surprised with young plecos breeding before.
That's funny that you mention the tunes Jon. I was thinking about that the other day. I was thinking of wiring speakers from up stairs. I'm not to sure if that's the way I want to go. I'm sure I'll figure something out.
Scott

Mugwump

A decent "garage sale" rig works well....cheap and you can add speakers...and/or you might find an amp/tuner cheap too..??.....
Jon

b125killer

I have been thinking about a new surround sound for up stairs. Then I could use the old receiver down stairs. it's seen better days any ways. it's way past time for a upgrade. 
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on April 09, 2013, 06:19:38 AM
I have been thinking about a new surround sound for up stairs. Then I could use the old receiver down stairs. it's seen better days any ways. it's way past time for a upgrade.

That'll work..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

b125killer

I was putting outlines on the floor for the fish room today. I figured that would be easier than trying to move tanks around the way I want them. I think I already need a bigger fish room. ;D  I think That I'm going to need to make a rack for the 20 gallons. I'm also going to take franks advice and get a dehumidifier. I don't need the water damage from the tanks. My wife would kill me than.   
Scott

Mugwump

Get a dehumidifier similar to mine, then you can vent out thru the dryer vent...and run the water off to a laundry room drain,etc...
Jon

b125killer

What is your dehumidifier Jon? I haven't looked at it that close.
I'm so happy with my family today. I moved the 55 gallon into the new fish room today. It's full of plants and I didn't want to break it down completely. Me and Michelle picked up the tank with some water, gravel, plants, and BN's in there and my kids moved the stand to it's new home. It's a older tank and heavy without anything in it. I wasn't sure If Michelle could pick it up. But everyone did there part and we got it moved. The next tanks should be better I can break them all the way down.   
Scott

Mugwump

Sometimes a cart, or 'dolly' can be just the thing to move em around....
Jon

b125killer

That's funny that you said that Jon. I moved the 90 today and I used the dolly on one side. It was a little to heavy for Michelle to pick up.
I also need to put in a center brace on that tank. There is a acrylic divider that was factory installed that was cracked on one side. apparently that divider is the support for the tank. It's starting to bow out. I have clamps on it now to push it back in and I'm going to get a piece of acrylic and silicone it to the top to rebrace the tank before I fill it up. I also got the 40 breeder and 20 long moved today things are coming together. Now I need to move the 72 from upstairs to it's new spot that one isn't going to be fun. I'm waiting on moving the 20 high the St Isabel/Rio Negro spawned today and I don't want to disturb them too much.
Here is a pic of the progress. The plants in the 55 are growing nicely. but it makes it harder to catch the fish.   
Scott

b125killer

The fish room is all but done. I only have the Sta Isabel cross to move. but there tending to a spawn right now. I also have to put up a wall behind the 90 but that can wait for another day. 

The 72g bow front looks small in it new spot. Just don't tell the gold fish that it's not an angel. He has been raise with the angels it's hole life and I'm sure he doesn't know yet LOL. I hand caught that fish with no problem to move him. He almost swam into my hands. He is special.

This is the 90 divided with the clamps on it to fix it. I did get a piece of  acrylic to brace it and it's all siliconed  together with clamps holding everything. I hope it works. Underneath that is a 29 with a pair of German blue rams. They have spawned a couple of time for me. It's hard to tell there eggs from the sand. and the last time the did spawn I didn't get it pulled in time. next to that is a Q.T. tank.
Next on my list is to build a three tier rack for the 20 gallons. I Also need a new air pump. The one i got is loud and I don't think it has the output that it's suppose to. It's suppose to have  65 liters per minute total output at 3.9 PSI per outlet. and Will run up to 70 outlets. I'm having problems getting it to run 6 much less 70.
Scott